1. What does a phobia result from?
- Instructional learning not moderated by experience
- Operant conditioning moderated by experience
- Instructional learning moderated by experience
- Operant conditioning not moderated by experience
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In a study examining the perception of self pain and the observation of another person in pain...
- When feeling ones own pain and observing another in pain, there is overlapping neural activation in amygdala only if the pain is intense
- No brain areas overlap when feeling own pain and watching someone elses pain
- There is overlapping neural activation in anterior cingulate and insula when observing and feeling own pain
- There was only overlap in brain areas in feeling own pain and observing pain if the oberserved was disliked
3. Which brain structure and neurotransmitter are involved in the experience of reward?
- Striatum and dopamine
- Cerebellum and oxycontin
- Superior colliculus and cortisol
- Temporal lobe and epinephrine
4. Define evaluative conditioning?
- A concious preference, a stimulus is liked/disliked more or less
- Bodily responses, arousal, rapid heart rate, sweating
5. What is the mere exposure effect?
- People conciously prefer previously presented stimuli
- People habituate to stimuli they have previously seen and so prefer it
- Stimuli that have been presented in the past are preferred more than ANY novel stimuli
- Novel stimuli are always prefered over past stimuli