1. How do binocular rivalry tasks work?
- People have a colour dominance in which colour is seen first, red or green. Can control which stimuli participant is consciously aware of using filters on each eye.
- Because of scotomas resulting from lesions to the PVC, there is no awareness of visual stimuli in the lesioned location.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which task would you use to measure attentional maintaining?
- Attentional blink
- Visual feature pop-out
- Target onset detection task
- Emotional stroop task
3. Which of these do attentional blink task findings NOT suggest?
- Low level perceptual processes can influence attentional blink
- The amygdala is important for emotional word processing
- High level semantic processes such as word recognition take place unconciously in a rapid sequence
- The emotional content of unconscious words facilitates concious detection
4. Which task is used to demonstrate biasing effects of anxiety on perception?
- Dot-probe task
- Attentional Blink
- Mood manipulation
- Gabor patches
5. The emotion of a face can;
- Only influence high-level semantic processes
- Facilitate early visual processes e.g contrast sensitivity
- Only affect other emotional stimuli
- None of the above