1. In studies of blindsight pps, what was found re; amygdala activation?
- Amygdala discriminates emotions of faces even if in scotoma i.e below concious processing
- Amygdala cannot discriminate emotions of faces in scotoma
- Amygdala active when stimulus in sighted visual areas but not in scotoma
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In Anderson & Phelps (2001), what was the main finding for the bilateral amygdala damage group?
- No difference between emotional and neutral stimuli
- Reduced attentional blink effects when target 2 is emotional
3. What is/are the main area(s) in the attention-orienting system?
- Ventral frontal cortex
- Temporo-parietal junctionn and ventral frontal cortex
- Temporo-parietal junction
4. The emotion of a face can;
- None of the above
- Only affect other emotional stimuli
- Facilitate early visual processes e.g contrast sensitivity
- Only influence high-level semantic processes
5. In the emotional stroop task, negative words like 'cancer' can;
- Decrease arousal
- Cause MORE interference than neutral words
- Cause LESS interference than neutral words
- Speed up reaction times