1. What is the role of the insula?
- Rapid visual input from thalamus. Quickly detects threat prior to concious assessment.
- Reinforcing behaviour (primary and secondary reinforcers)
- Encoding disgust. Bodily sensations
- Computing variable motivational values of rewards. Computing regret if reward is less than what we hoped.
- Processing emotional aspects of pain. Detecting errors which evoke negative emotions e.g anger & frustration to avoid in future. Emotional conflict.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT an autonomic response to emotion?
- Pupil dilation
- Zygomaticus muscle response
- Galvanic skin response
- Heart rate
3. ____ is released through the striatum to the cortex?
4. In monitering current states, what is "current goals being achieved so continue"?
5. Who proposed the 6 basic emotions?