1. Which of these is not a key aspect of emotion?
- Covert expressions of emotion such as galvanic skin response and zygomaticus reflex
- Physiological components e.g body states
- Overt expressions of emotion e.g smiles, frown, grief to communicate with others
- Cognitive components of concious experience (and unconcious)
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the role of the Orbitofrontal cortex?
- Encoding disgust. Bodily sensations
- Processing emotional aspects of pain. Detecting errors which evoke negative emotions e.g anger & frustration to avoid in future. Emotional conflict.
- Computing variable motivational values of rewards. Computing regret if reward is less than what we hoped.
- Rapid visual input from thalamus. Quickly detects threat prior to concious assessment.
- Reinforcing behaviour (primary and secondary reinforcers)
3. Who proposed the 6 basic emotions?
4. Which of these is not a critical brain structure in emotion processing?
- Striatum (dopamine) pathway
- Anterior cingulate cortex
- Default mode network
- Prefrontal cortex
5. ____ is released through the striatum to the cortex?