1. Which is NOT a finding from the Dittmar, Halliwell and We (2006) study?
- Older girls showed higher body satisfaction after viewing Barbie
- Both older and younger girls showed higher projected body dissatisfaction after viewing Emme
- Older girls showed lower body satisfaction after viewing Barbie
- Younger girls showed more detrimental effects after viewing Barbie
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. A younger childs self description will likely NOT include?
- Family role
3. Which was NOT a finding of Saarni's (1984) unwanted gift paradigm?
- 6-9y looked to parents to guide response
- 10-11y always reacted positively
- 6y girls were always negative
- 6y boys were always negative
4. At what age will a child begin to distinguish between real and ideal self?
5. Killen and Stangor (2001) showed that...
- Transitions between schools may affect self esteem
- Children can be aware of the exclusion of a character based on gender
- Some contexts affect relational self worth more than others
- None of the above