1. At what age is a child likely to give an overly-positive self description?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Killen and Stangor (2001) showed that...
- Transitions between schools may affect self esteem
- Children can be aware of the exclusion of a character based on gender
- Some contexts affect relational self worth more than others
- None of the above
3. Parental influence
- has no effect on self esteem
- is always the most important social source of self esteem
- is initially the most important social source of self esteem, but is peer influence becomes more important
- at first is less important than peer influence, but becomes most important
4. A younger childs self description will likely NOT include?
- Family role
5. Which is NOT true of social comparison
- Vulnerable to low self esteem
- Feeds into self representation
- Others judgements are not important
- Sensitive to discrepancies