1. Fuertes et al (2012) found which 3 dimensions when comparing standard/non-standard accents
- Status, solidarity, dynamism
- Status, intelligence, dynamism
- Favourability, solidarity, dynamism
- Favourability, status, intelligence
1 of 19
Other questions in this quiz
2. Ruiter, Mitterer and Enfield found which to be the most important cues in projecting speakers end of turn?
- Speech only
- Speech and syntax
- Syntax and elongation of final syllable
- Syntax and hand gestures
3. What are the 4 dimensions of equivocation?
- Sender, receiver, gender, context
- Content, receiver, hand gestures, context
- Sender, content, receiver, context
- Sender, content, receiver, syntax
4. Which of the following was not a dimension of interruption as hypothesises by Roger, Bull and Smith (1988)?
- Enthusiastic vs unenthusiastic
- Succesful vs unsuccessful
- Single vs complex
- None of the above
5. Which of the following is NOT a response to a CC as found by Bavelas?
- Refusal to answer
- Subtle changes in response
- Deffered replies