1. Which is true of children aged 2m?
- Child shows self recognition in photographs
- Child shows self conscious emotions
- Child knows that body is distinct from the external world
- Child displays separation distress, knows self is separate from mother
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of the following describes the conceptual self?
- Defining the self as a person based on descriptions of social roles
- Self develops from interactions, attention on self brings awareness upon self
- Self develops from physical interaction with world, infants learn to be effective in relation to objects and events
- Knowing that the self is continuous over time, develops from autobiographical memory
3. Which is NOT true of parent-infant play?
- It develops social referencing
- The ZPD is used to advance infants abilities
- It fosters communicative reciprocity
- It uses scaffolding
4. Which is true of self conscious emotions?
- Only children who pass the mirror rouge test are capable of displaying empathy (Lewis et al.)
- Only children who pass the mirror rouge test are capable of displaying empathy (Bischoff-Kohler)
- Only children who pass the mirror rouge test are capable of displaying embarrassment (Bischoff-Kohler)
- None of the above
5. At what age do children begin to recognise their bodies as an encumbrance?