1. A single neuron through the nerve can...
- Cause many movements
- Interact with many muscle fibres
- Interact with a single muscle fibre
- Cause a single movement
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. The upper part of the face (L & R) receives info from ?
- The R cortex
- Neither cortex
- The L and R cortex
- The L cortex
3. Are smooth and cardiac muscles under voluntary control?
- No, they are acted on typically by the nervous system
- Yes, they are acted on typically by the somatosensory cortex
4. Are lower motorneurones (in the peripheral nerves) spontaneously active?
- No, they receive input from upper motorneurons, sensory neurons and neurons that control posture
- Yes, aswell as receiving input from other neurons they can also initiate movements
5. Where is smooth muscle found?
- Around bones and tendons
- Around blood vessels, glands, gut and bronchioles
- Around limbs and major points of articulation
- Around the origin points of skeletal muscles