1. In the brainstem, what does the reticulo apparatus do?
- Sets tone (overall activity level) of postural muscles and also interacts with midline motor neurons
- Processes where the body is in space. Lower motor neurones near the spinal cord midline
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does a single action potential travelling down an alpha motorneurone lead to?
- Tetanic contractions
- A muscle twitch
- A sequence of twitches
- Graded contractions
3. Which of these are characteristics of lower motorneurons (alpha motorneurons)
- Large, conduct info at 100ms per second
- Large, conduct info at 120ms per second
- Small, conduct info at 120ms per second
- Small, conduct info at 100ms per second
4. Where are central pattern generators found?
- Somatosensory cortex
- Spinal cord
5. Which is the lower motorneurone?
- The penultimate neuron before the muscle
- The final neuron before the muscle
- The first neuron in the sequence
- Neurons connected to lumbar units (e.g leg)