1. Which combination won overall in Rossiter & Percy (1980)?
- Source variables and implicit belief claims
- High visual emphasis and explicit belief claims
- High visual emphasis and implicit belief claims
- Target variables and low visual emphasis
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are the four components of Protection Motivation theory?
- Attitudes, Subjective norms, perceived behavioural control, intentions
- Prob of occurence, outcome severity, efficacy of coping response, self-efficacy expectancy
- Self-efficacy, comprehension, attitudes, persuasion
- Beliefs, values, morals, motivation
3. In McGuires internal process of persuasion, what are the 3 stages?
- Implicitness, Acceptance and Comprehension (type of message)
- Implicitness, Comprehension (type of message) and Acceptance
- Attention (credibility of source info), Comprehension (type of message) and Acceptance
- Attention (credibility of source info), Implicitness, Acceptance
4. In Maddux & Rogers (1983), which of these was NOT a variable in the 2x2x2x2 design?
- Self-efficacy expectancy of performing the coping response
- Probability of occurence of threatened event
- Response severity
- Efficacy of coping response
- Outcome severity
5. In Maddux & Rogers (1983), what was the main effect for efficacy of coping response
- High efficacy = greater expectation that quitting will avoid ill effects
- Interaction = bigger effect of belief in outcome severity for high-self efficacy groups > low
- High probability = higher expectancy of developing ill effects of smoking