1. What are the two types of efficacy in protection-motivation theory?
- Self efficacy and outcome efficacy
- Motivation efficacy and response efficacy
- Response efficacy and self efficacy
- Response efficacy and outcome efficacy
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In Maddux & Rogers (1983), what was the main effect for efficacy of coping response
- High probability = higher expectancy of developing ill effects of smoking
- High efficacy = greater expectation that quitting will avoid ill effects
- Interaction = bigger effect of belief in outcome severity for high-self efficacy groups > low
3. In Maddux & Rogers (1983), which of these was NOT a variable in the 2x2x2x2 design?
- Response severity
- Efficacy of coping response
- Probability of occurence of threatened event
- Outcome severity
- Self-efficacy expectancy of performing the coping response
4. Which of these is NOT a factor influencing persuasion?
- Lateral variable (when)
- Source variable (who)
- Message variable (what)
- Medium variable (how)
- Target variable (whom)
5. What is the main premise of Rossiter & Percys (1980) attitude change model?
- The stimulus accompanying the unconditioned stimulus produces a positive emotional response which is then transferred to the product
- The stimulus accompanying the conditioned stimulus produces a positive emotional response which is then transferred to the product
- High visual emphasis accompanied by explicit belief claims will always produce a positive emotional response
- High visual emphasis accompanied by implicit belief claims will always produce a positive emotional response