1. NOT an assumption of the empiricist perspective
- Children are born as a blank slate
- Children are born with reflexes which aid development through experience
- Basic knowledge of world
- Children are 'little scientists'
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Approximate age of 'no search'
3. Approximate age of invisible displacement
4. Which of the following is NOT a finding of the Plunkett et al. (2008) study?
- Basic level concepts are unaffected by linguistic structure
- Performance on subordinate concepts is better if nouns are used
- Categorisation is critical for learning new objects
- Performance on subordinate concepts is better if adjectives are used
5. According to Rosch (1970s) at what age do children learn specific animal names (e.g. dalmatian)