1. How doesneuroconstructivism explain WS?
- The adult state of the language system may be mature but not 'intact'. Language is atypical in many ways, WS informs about the low level processes of language
- The genes coding for language skills are intact, other developmental disorders are impaired on these genes.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the main premise of the dorsal stream deficit hypothesis?
- Structural abnormalities in dorsal stream of WS contribute to visual-spatial deficits
- Structural abnormalities in ventral and dorsal stream of WS contribute to visual-spatial deficits
- Structural abnormalities in ventral stream of WS contribute to visual-spatial deficits
- Structural abnormalities in dorsal stream of WS interact with intact ventral to contribute to visual-spatial deficits
3. Does WS show expressive or telegraphic language?
- Expressive as opposed to telegraphic in Down syndrome
- Telegraphic as opposed to expressive in Down syndrome
4. What does cognitive genetics emphasise?
- The role of genes in coding cognitive abilities. Are specific cognitive modules selectively affected?
- The role of gene expression THROUGH developement. Early cognitive profile inferred from adult end state. Fractionation of strengths and weaknesses across domains,disregard of environment
5. Which cognitive phenotypes does Williams Beurens Syndrome link to specific genes via double dissociations?
- Problem solving, social, spatial cognition
- Mathematical reasoning, problem solving, language
- Language, social, spatial cognition
- Language, cognition, mathematical reasoning