1. Which cognitive phenotypes are represented in the DD between WS and autism?
- Social cognition
- Problem solving
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. How doesneuroconstructivism explain WS?
- The adult state of the language system may be mature but not 'intact'. Language is atypical in many ways, WS informs about the low level processes of language
- The genes coding for language skills are intact, other developmental disorders are impaired on these genes.
3. How does cognitive genetics explain the spatial cognitive deficits in WS?
- Genes missing in WS also involved in anatomical development of dorsal stream pathways
- WS individuals impaired in spatial cognition as dorsal stream develops unusually bc WS individual does not detect visuo-spatial properties
4. Which of these is NOT present in the socio-cognitive deficit profile of WS?
- Lack of social inhibition
- WS perform at extremely high level (higher than controls) on face recognition
- Telegraphic and evaluative language excessively used
- Expressive and evaluative language excessively used
- Excessive eye contact with novel adult > parent
5. Do WS children significantly differ from typically developing 4-5 year olds when matched for mental age in motion/form processing?