1. How doesneuroconstructivism explain WS?
- The adult state of the language system may be mature but not 'intact'. Language is atypical in many ways, WS informs about the low level processes of language
- The genes coding for language skills are intact, other developmental disorders are impaired on these genes.
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What would you expect to see in social interactions from a WS sufferer?
- Socially engaging, poor TOM, cant distinguish lies from irony and negative socially inappropriate behaviour
- Socially unengaging, poor TOM, cant distinguish lies from irony and negative socially inappropriate behaviour
- Socially engaging, poor TOM, cant distinguish lies from irony and positive socially inappropriate behaviour
- Socially engaging, good TOM, can distinguish lies from irony and positive socially inappropriate behaviour
3. Does WS show expressive or telegraphic language?
- Expressive as opposed to telegraphic in Down syndrome
- Telegraphic as opposed to expressive in Down syndrome
4. Which cognitive phenotypes does Williams Beurens Syndrome link to specific genes via double dissociations?
- Problem solving, social, spatial cognition
- Language, social, spatial cognition
- Language, cognition, mathematical reasoning
- Mathematical reasoning, problem solving, language
5. What does neuroconstructivism emphasise?
- The role of gene expression THROUGH developement. Early cognitive profile inferred from adult end state. Fractionation of strengths and weaknesses across domains,disregard of environment
- The role of genes in coding cognitive abilities. Are specific cognitive modules selectively affected?