1. Which of these was NOT a main result from Ruff & Capozolli (2003)?
- 42 month olds were least distracted in focused attention sessions
- Children of different ages rely on different attention strategies within sessions
- Focused attention is broken differently across ages
- Children across ages respond differently to ST and MT conditions
- Children across ages do not differ in their responses to ST and MT conditions
- The type of attention given to toys differs with age
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these are two salient characteristics of Information processing theories
- Limited neural energy constrained by cognitive elements (e.g attention)
- Limited processing speed and attentional capacity, flexible ways of working around limitations
- Limited processing speed and attentional capacity, limited ways of working around limitations
3. Which age group use attention strategically?
- Older children
- Younger children
4. In Piaget's cognitive adaptation theory, what is assimilation?
- Fitting reality into ones cognitive organisation
- The mechanism by which cognitive organisations are applied to reality
- Adjustments to cognitive organisation resulting from IRL demans
5. What is analogical reasoning?
- Cognitive tools, which can be either symbolic or material
- Comparing items that may appear different at first to extract deeper regularities
- Generations of predictions and hypothesis testing