1. Which is not a major topic for IP accounts?
- Spatial reasoning
- Language learning
- Problem solving & reasoning
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these was NOT a main result from Ruff & Capozolli (2003)?
- Focused attention is broken differently across ages
- 42 month olds were least distracted in focused attention sessions
- The type of attention given to toys differs with age
- Children of different ages rely on different attention strategies within sessions
- Children across ages do not differ in their responses to ST and MT conditions
- Children across ages respond differently to ST and MT conditions
3. What characterises a SFTcore information processing theory?
- Studying human behaviour using experimental methods
- Computer as a metaphor for thought
- Computers as representing the flow of information through the cognitive system
- Computer as a simulation of thought
4. In Ruff & Capozolli (2003), in the multiple toy condition what was the main finding?
- Relative increase in cas, settled and focused attention across age groups
- Relative decrease in cas attention across age groups, increase in settled and focused attention
- Relative increase in cas attention across age groups, decrease in settled and focused attention
- Relative decrease in cas, settled and focused attention across age groups
5. In Piaget's cognitive adaptation theory, what is assimilation?
- Fitting reality into ones cognitive organisation
- The mechanism by which cognitive organisations are applied to reality
- Adjustments to cognitive organisation resulting from IRL demans