1. Forgetting as...?
- An inevitable consequence of working memory
- A need to suppress competition processes in retrieval
- A need to control competition processes in retrieval
- An inevitable consequence of trace decay and intereference
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which structure underlies the neural basis of retrieval induced forgetting (two associates to each cue but only practice one)?
3. What is the subsequent memory effect?
- Newly generated memories last longer than older
- Where activity at encoding predicts subsequent memory success
- Where activity at encoding predicts subsequent memory encoding
- Older generated memories last longer than younger
4. What is confabulation?
- Failures in encoding and detection of declarative memory
- Failure to detect irrelevent information
- Failure to inhibit irrelevant thoughts & detect implausible responses
- Failures in encoding and detection of semantic memory
5. Which brain area activates the most during control of competition between memories?
- Posterior VLPFC
- Dendate gyrus
- Orbitofrontal cortex