1. According to Hebb (1949), what is LTM a result of?
- Structural modification of cell assemblies
- Multiple nested feedback loops
- Structural changes in cell axons and synapse
- Neural networking
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What makes hippocampal cells special for LTP?
- The synapses at the hippocampus are divided, containing more dendritic spines to enhance LTP
- Large CA output @ the CA1 and CA3 receptors
- Large amount of NMDA receptors @ the CA1 and CA3 synapses
- Dopamine release is triggered by LTP
3. Which of these characterises relational memory re; hippocampal coding?
- The hippocampus provides a internal map coding for spatial relations between objects in the environment
- Relational frameworks can be disassociated from associations. e.g can learn which cup was rewarded with food, but couldnt infer the BEST cup to search if one was rewarded more than another
- A unique role of the hippocampus in mental time travel, recollection involves relations between items and contexts v.s familiarity = declarative memory
4. Which of these is NOT a key theory of hippocampal coding?
- Recollection v.s familiarity
- Cognitive maps
- Redintegration theory
- Relational memory
5. Which of these is/are a primary messenger in LTP
- Sodium and calcium