1. Where does the hippocampus receive its input?
- Rhinal sulcus
- Dendate gyrus
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these characterises relational memory re; hippocampal coding?
- The hippocampus provides a internal map coding for spatial relations between objects in the environment
- Relational frameworks can be disassociated from associations. e.g can learn which cup was rewarded with food, but couldnt infer the BEST cup to search if one was rewarded more than another
- A unique role of the hippocampus in mental time travel, recollection involves relations between items and contexts v.s familiarity = declarative memory
3. Which of these is NOT a change driven by LTP maintenance at the synapse?
- Enlarged synapse
- Formation of new dendritic spines
- Increase in receptor density
- Decrease in receptor density
- Divided synapse
4. What is the LTP feature of specificty?
- When synapses active during the stimuation have increased responses the surrounding cortical areas have decreased esponses
- Synapses active during the stimuation have increased responses aswell as other pathways to the same neuron
- ONLY synapses active during the stimuation have increased responses and other pathways to the same neuron are not.
- Synapses active during stimulation show decreased responses when surrounding cortex is activated
5. Which of these is NOT a key theory of hippocampal coding?
- Relational memory
- Redintegration theory
- Cognitive maps
- Recollection v.s familiarity