1. Which of these characterises cognitive maps re; coding in the hippocampus?
- The hippocampus provides a internal map coding for spatial relations between objects in the environment
- Relational frameworks can be disassociated from associations. e.g can learn which cup was rewarded with food, but couldnt infer the BEST cup to search if one was rewarded more than another
- A unique role of the hippocampus in mental time travel, recollection involves relations between items and contexts v.s familiarity = declarative memory
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What makes hippocampal cells special for LTP?
- Large amount of NMDA receptors @ the CA1 and CA3 synapses
- Large CA output @ the CA1 and CA3 receptors
- Dopamine release is triggered by LTP
- The synapses at the hippocampus are divided, containing more dendritic spines to enhance LTP
3. Which of these acts importantly in object recognition?
- Entorhinal cortex
- Rhinal sulcus
- Perirhinal cortex
- Parahippocampal cortex
4. Which of these characterises Hebb's (1949) theory?
- Memories are stored in the primary cortical areas (e.g hippocampus)
- Memories are stored in the connections between cells (cell assemblies)
- Memories are stored in both the connections and populations of cells (cell assemblies)
- Memories are stored in populations of cells (cell assemblies)
5. Which is a key neurotransmitter in the PROCESS of LTP?