1. Which of these describes Crystallised intelligence?
- e.g Verbal analogies
- The ability to solve abstract relational problems that have not been explicitly taught
- The ability to solve problems that depend on acquired knowledge
- e.g Memory for lists
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did research by Duckworth & Seligman (2005) show?
- Self discipline accounted for twice as much variance in final grades than IQ
- Self discipline did not account for any of the variance of IQ
- Above average levels of satisfaction with life and wellbeing, but unimpressive achievements compared to high IQ
- Below average levels of satisfaction with life and wellbeing and unimpressive achievements compared to high IQ
3. What is the equation in the standardised Weschler Adult Intelligence scale?
- Standardised test score/Actual test score X 100 (then standardised)
- Standardised test score/expected score for that age X 100 (then standardised)
- Actual test score/expected score for that age X 100 (then standardised)
- Expected score for that age/Actual test score X 100 (then standardised)
4. What does Ravens progressive matrices measure?
- Verbal comprehension
- Reasoning ability/meaning making
- Processing speed
5. Who developed the concept of 'mental age'?