1. Which theory wins when the world stays still as we move our eyes over a stationary scene?
- Sherrington Inflow
- Helmholtz Outflow
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What else affects apparent motion?
- Colour and shape
- Neither colour nor shape
- Shape but not colour
- Colour but not shape
3. What is the autokinetic effect?
- e.g waiting for your train to move
- A stationary spot of light in total darkness APPEARS to move
- A moving spot of light in total darkness APPEARS to be stationary
- e.g blutack on the TV
4. In a movement detector, what is 'AND'?
5. Is movement across the retina SUFFICIENT for motion perception?
- No as the world stays still when we move our eyes
- No as tracked objects still appear to move