1. Do poor comprehenders have deficits in receptive AND expressive vocabulary?
- I dont know
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What are some broader oral language weaknesses of the poor comprehender?
- Morphosyntax, receptive grammar
- Receptive grammar only
- Rhyming judgment
3. What is comprehension monitering?
- Used to establish and maintain links between premises in the text
- The distinctness and completeness of a representation of a word reflects its quality. Includes phonological, semantic and orthographic info
- Checking whether incoming information fits with the current representation of the situation
- Performance on reading comprehension tasks
4. What did Nation & Snowlings (1998) study show?
- Poor comprehenders synonym and rhyme judgement was impaired
- Poor comprehenders had intact rhyme judgement (similar to controls) and impaired synonym judgement (21.3 error compared to 9.4)
- Poor comprehenders had impaired rhyme judgement and intact synonym judgement (21.3 error compared to 9.4)
- Poor comprehenders synonym and rhyme judgement was intact, performed similar to controls
5. How is the profile of a poor comprehender explained at a cognitive level?
- A semantic access problem. Poor quality representations impede comprehension/swift and effective retrieval.
- A fluency problem. Poor quality representations impede comprehension/swift and effective retrieval.