1. Which condition showed the most gains in reading comprehension relative to the control 11m post intervention? (ReadMe)
- The combined intervention condition
- Oral language intervention condition
- Text comprehension intervention condition
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is inference generation important for?
- Establishing local and global coherence
- Establishing local coherence
- Establishing global coherence
- For assisting comprehension monitering
3. What is the core basis of the lexical quality hypothesis?
- A word basis for the ease with which readers intergrate information in sentences as they read
- The distinctness and completeness of a representation of a word reflects its quality. Includes phonological, semantic and orthographic info
- A knowledge and awareness of grammatical structure
4. What is fluent word decoding strongly associated with?
- Text decoding, around 8-11 years
- Grammatical knowledge, around 6-7 years
- Early reading comprehension, around 6-7 years
- Reduced cognitive demand
5. What did Oakhill et al, 2003 find?
- Comprehension monitering at 7 years predicted RC 2 years later
- Comprehension monitering at 7 years predicted RC 1 year later
- Comprehension monitering at 10 years predicted RC 1 year later
- Comprehension monitering at 10 years predicted RC 2 years later