1. Does the vwfa respond more to words than consonant strings?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does fMRI show the vwfa equally activating to?
- Only written words
- Both visual objects and written words
- Only visual objects
- Only visual word forms
3. What does damage to the vwfa or disconnecting the vwfa from visual input cause?
- Phonological dyslexia
- Pure alexia (letter by letter)
- Surface dyslexia
- Pure dysgraphia
4. Where is the vwfa located?
- Left mid fusiform gyrus
- Right anterior temporal lobe
- Right fusiform gyrus
- Left inferior parietal lobe
5. What are patients with pure alexia fast at?
- Matching on abstract graphic identity and Reading speed, also INCREASES with the number of letters in a word
- Matching on abstract graphic identity
- Discriminating between physical differences
- Reading speed, also INCREASES with the number of letters in a word