1. What is the ratio of present:absent slope that indicates serial self-terminating search?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT correct of automatic processes?
- Obligatory (uncontrolled)
- "Processing without attention"
- Not concious
- Infinite capacity
3. What was found in evidence supporting the value driven attentional capture model?
- A low value distractor item significantly increased RT
- A low value distractor significantly slowed down RT
- A high value distractor item significantly slowed down RT
- All distractor items significantly increased RT
4. Why does the result found from type distinct searches weaken the claims made?
- This data is NOT evidence of guided search
- Because the two distributions fall on the same point on the x axis, conjunction/type distinct processes are not as independent as first thought
- Because the two distributions fall on different points on the x axis, conjunction/type distinct processes are not as independent as first thought
5. In the 'two attentional pathways and semantic guidance' model (Wolfe et al, 2011), what does the non-selective pathway lead to?
- Semantic guidanance
- Non-specific gist recovery
- Selective bottleneck