- Created by: mint75
- Created on: 31-12-15 12:15
1. What is the concept of 'Categorising'?
- Once a category is establish, members are selected on the basis of bias to the category rather than on physical features
- Only processing events which belong to a particular category. Takes practice to establish categories/members
- Selection of events with particular physical features = processing
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What defines the stimulus and response set?
- STIMULUS = basis of the physical properties of the input, RESPONSE = basis of mental categories that do not share physical property
- STIMULUS = basis of mental categories that do not share physical property RESPONSE = basis of the physical properties of the input
3. What was the IV in Broadbent (1954s) split-span procedure?
- The voice with which the digits were presented
- The tone at which the digits were presented
- The rate at which the digits were presented
- The colour in which the digits were presented
4. Was there a decrease in performance when pps had to switch between modalities in which the stimuli were presented? (Broadbent 1956)
- No, alternating between modalities did not create a performance decrement
- No, alternating between modalities did not create a performance decrement in spoken tasks
- Yes, alternating between modalities created a performance decrement
- Yes, alternating etween modalities created a performance decrement but only when it was visual-written
5. Which condition showed the best performance in Broadbents Split span procedure? (1954)?
- The ear-by-ear
- The ear-pair-ear
- The pair-by-pair
- The ear-by-pair