- Created by: mint75
- Created on: 31-12-15 12:15
1. According to Kahnemans capacity model, why does the dual task decrement arise?
- Researcher bias
- Task interference
- The task requires more resources than currently available
- Practice effects
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the difference between the early filter model and the filter attenuation model?
- "The attended message is eradicated and the unattended message takes its place"
- Although the unattended message is not fully analysed for meaning, small familiar info (e.g names) can get through to deep analysis
- Although the unattended message is fully analysed for meaning, small familiar info (e.g names) can get through to deep analysis
3. Which concept did Rabbitts (1964,1967) letter search task support?
- Channel switching
- Pigeon holing
4. What the main finding from Cherrys (1953) shadowing experiment?
- Very little is picked up from the unattended channel; only general physical characteristics without semantic analysis
- A lot of information can be accessed from the unattended channel including age, tone of voice and other semantic factors
- Pps could recognise their name in the unattended channel
- Pps could tell if the unattended channel was in German or Dutch
5. What is inattentional blindness?
- Failure to accurately switch between modalities in high load scenes
- Failure to see highly visible objects even though we are looking at them
- Failure to detect changes in the immediate visual scene
- Failure to accurately switch between modalities in low load scenes