1. According to Kahnemans capacity model, why does the dual task decrement arise?
- Practice effects
- The task requires more resources than currently available
- Task interference
- Researcher bias
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the main premise of dichotic listening tasks?
- Pps have to report back the attended channel whilst filtering the unattended channel
- Pps have to moniter speech for specific phonemes and respond as fast as possible when heard
- Pps have to report back the unattended channel whilst filtering the attended channel
- Pps have to discriminate between features present in the two channels
3. What is the concept of 'Categorising'?
- Once a category is establish, members are selected on the basis of bias to the category rather than on physical features
- Only processing events which belong to a particular category. Takes practice to establish categories/members
- Selection of events with particular physical features = processing
4. What is change blindness?
- Failure to detect changes in the immediate visual scene
- Failure to see highly visible objects even though we are looking at them
- Failure to accurately switch between modalities in high load scenes
- Failure to accurately switch between modalities in low load scenes
5. Does the limited capacity channel in the filter model (P system) operate serially on a time-sensitive basis?
- False, operates in parallel
- False, is not time-sensitive