1. According to Kahnemans capacity model, why does the dual task decrement arise?
- The task requires more resources than currently available
- Task interference
- Practice effects
- Researcher bias
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the critical result behind Lavies perceptual load hypothesis?
- There was a noticeable dual task decrement from only the high load condition
- The compatibility effect only arose for the low load condition (small no of non-targets), no corresponding effect for high load condition
- No resources were dedicated towards target detection so pps performed equally in both tasks
- The compatibility effect only arose for the high load condition (small no of non-targets), no corresponding effect for low load condition
3. What is meant by 'bioenergetic limitations?'
- Because of the limited neural energy in the brain, there is a limitation on processing
- Because of the unlimited neural energy in the brain, there is a limitation on processing
- Brain has finite capacity; attention used as a resource allocation tool
4. Which condition showed the best performance in Broadbents Split span procedure? (1954)?
- The ear-by-ear
- The pair-by-pair
- The ear-by-pair
- The ear-pair-ear
5. Which concept did Rabbitts (1964,1967) letter search task support?
- Channel switching
- Pigeon holing