1. What the main finding from Cherrys (1953) shadowing experiment?
- Pps could tell if the unattended channel was in German or Dutch
- A lot of information can be accessed from the unattended channel including age, tone of voice and other semantic factors
- Very little is picked up from the unattended channel; only general physical characteristics without semantic analysis
- Pps could recognise their name in the unattended channel
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is the most effective in terms of selection?
- Stimulus set > Response set
- Stimulus set < Response set
- Stimulus set = Response set
3. Which of these tasks support late selection?
- Phoneme monitering
- Stroop task
- Dichotic shadowing tasks
- Click displacement
4. What defines the stimulus and response set?
- STIMULUS = basis of the physical properties of the input, RESPONSE = basis of mental categories that do not share physical property
- STIMULUS = basis of mental categories that do not share physical property RESPONSE = basis of the physical properties of the input
5. What does the data from Broadbent (1954) suggest?
- Fast channel switching
- Restricted access
- Channel selection, slow channel switching between ears
- Selective access, slow channel switching between ears