1. In Broadbents filter model, does the Short term store (S system) operate in parallel, physical features and unlimited capacity?
- False, it has limited capacity
- False, it operates serially
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the difference between the early filter model and the filter attenuation model?
- "The attended message is eradicated and the unattended message takes its place"
- Although the unattended message is not fully analysed for meaning, small familiar info (e.g names) can get through to deep analysis
- Although the unattended message is fully analysed for meaning, small familiar info (e.g names) can get through to deep analysis
3. Which of these tasks support late selection?
- Click displacement
- Stroop task
- Phoneme monitering
- Dichotic shadowing tasks
4. What is the concept of 'filtering'?
- Selection of events with particular physical features = processing
- Only processing events which belong to a particular category. Takes practice to establish categories/members
- Once a category is establish, members are selected on the basis of bias to the category rather than on physical features
5. What is change blindness?
- Failure to accurately switch between modalities in high load scenes
- Failure to accurately switch between modalities in low load scenes
- Failure to detect changes in the immediate visual scene
- Failure to see highly visible objects even though we are looking at them