1. What is an issue with phoneme monitering tasks?
- Dont accurately measure activation
- Sensitive to variables other than ambiguity
- Too sensitive to ambiguity
- Temporally too slow
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which model does Swinney et als (1979)study support?
- Multiple access model
- Context-guided single reading lexical access model
3. What did a sentence completion task by Mackay (1996) show?
- Pps were slower at completing the sentence with the non-ambig word
- There was no difference in pp RT
- Pps were slower at completing the sentence with the ambig word
- Pps were faster at completing the sentence with the ambig word
4. What did a dichotic listening task by Mackay (1973) show?
- When asked to paraphrase attended message, interpretation was affected by the unattended biasing context
- When asked to paraphrase attended message, interpretation was not affected by unattended biasing context
- Unattended message had no effect on attended
- None of the above
5. What is the core concept of the ordered access model?
- Only the appropriate meaning is ever accessed, inappropriate meanings never accessed
- All senses of the word are initially accessed in order of their individual meaning frequencies; serially checked against context
- We routinely access ALL senses of ambiguous words, context then used to select the most appropriate
- We routinely access ALL meanings of ambiguous words, context then used to select the most appropriate