1. In a constraint based framework, what is ambiguity resolution seen as?
- A resource limitation
- A constraint satisfaction process
- A processing limitation
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. In Rayner & Frazier (1987), what did garden path sentences lead to?
- Longer fixations at disambiguation point
- Longer fixations at disambiguation point, more regressive eye movements
- More regressive eye movements
- None of the above
3. What does spanish prefer?
- Early closure
- Late closure
4. Which theory states that context can override the garden path effect?
- Referential context
- Sausage machine
- Constraint based theories
5. What is animacy?
- A semantic variable; whether a word can act
- A lexical variable; whether a word can act
- A morphological variable; how much a word can 'do'
- A prosodic cue; how much the word lends itself to prosody