1. What is animacy?
- A morphological variable; how much a word can 'do'
- A prosodic cue; how much the word lends itself to prosody
- A semantic variable; whether a word can act
- A lexical variable; whether a word can act
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Are constraint based frameworks parallel?
3. Which of these is not true of referential context theory?
- No such thing as a truly neutral context
- Serial autonomous processing (Alternative parses generated in parallel)
- Context can override the garden path effect
- Weak interactivity
- Incremental parallel processing (Alternative parses generated in parallel)
4. Where were the longer fixations in a study by Farzier & Rayner (1982)?
- Disambiguating regions, more regressions to ambiguous material
- Ambiguous regions, more regressions to disambiguating material
5. What does the study by Frazier & Rayner support?
- A serial parser guided by late closure
- An interactive parser guided by late closure
- An interactive parser guided by minimal attachment
- A serial parser guided by interactivity