1. Describe an interactive parser
- Other sources and modalities of information can influence the parser at an early stage
- Initial stages of parsing ONLY use syntax to construct representations
- Syntax and semantics are both used to construct the syntactic representation in one go
- The first stage is purely autonomous, the second is semantic
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these is NOT a feature of garden path?
- 2 Stage
- Minimal attachment
- Late closure
3. What is the main goal of interpreting sentences?
- To assign thematic roles (subcategorisation frame)
- To create the most full representation
- To gain as much semantic knowledge as possible
- To interpret the sentence fully using context
4. In click displacement studies, what is the clause?
- Not a major unit
- A major unit in syntactic processing
- A major unit in semantic and syntactic processing
- A major unit in semantic processing
5. What kind of process is parsing?
- An autonomous process, structures built on a holistic basis
- An autonomous process, structures built on a word-by-word basis
- An incremental process; structures built on a word-by-word basis
- An incremental process; structures built on a holistic basis