1. What kind of process is parsing?
- An incremental process; structures built on a word-by-word basis
- An autonomous process, structures built on a word-by-word basis
- An incremental process; structures built on a holistic basis
- An autonomous process, structures built on a holistic basis
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is phrase structure grammar?
- Assigning syntactic roles
- Limited rules, infinite complexity
- Decoding of ambiguity
- Infinite rules, limited complexity
3. Is parsing a recognition process?
4. Describe an interactive parser
- All possible syntactic representations are generated and semantics used to choose the most appropriate
- Semantic info guides the parser, ONLY semantically plausible representations generated
- A purely syntactic representation is first constructed, then checked against semantic info
5. What is global ambiguity?
- Permanent ambiguity, the ambiguity is NOT resolved at the end of the sentence
- Transient ambiguity, the ambiguity IS resolved by subsequent material