1. What is the canonical sentence strategy?
- Making use of the most common structure in the language to aid comprehension
- Making use of the least common structure in the language to aid comprehension
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What cant the sausage machine account for?
- The garden path
- 6 word sentences or right association
- 6 word sentences
- Right association
3. In click displacement studies, what is the clause?
- Not a major unit
- A major unit in semantic and syntactic processing
- A major unit in semantic processing
- A major unit in syntactic processing
4. What are characteristic of garden path sentences?
- Reduced relative clauses and omitted complementaries
- Semantically plausible
- Omitted complementaries
- Reduced relative clauses
5. Why does the Garden Path effect occur according to the serial autonomous parser?
- The single syntactic representation generated was wrong so you have to reanalyse
- 1 representation is more active than others but it is wrong
- More evidence supports the analysis than the alternatives but turns out to be wrong