1. Which agents has HERV-W retrovirus been activated by?
- Toxoplasma gondii (found in cat feces)and Influenza virus
- ERV9, HC2 and Toxoplasma gondii
- Influenzea virus and emotional stress
- Toxoplasma godii and emotional stress
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a delusion of grandeur?
- The intense somatic sensation that there are for instance bugs crawling under the skin.
- A belief that one has special powers, or is a famous/otherwordly figure (e.g Napoleon or God)
- A belief that people can and are placing thoughts and uncomfortable auditory hallucinations into the brain. Otherwise called thought broadcasting
- A fixed belief that one has complete power over other people, can be conflated with narcissistic personality disorder
3. What did a meta-analysis of 13 studies by Kempton et al (2010) show?
- Ventricular dilation begins very early in SZ afflicted brains, before or shortly after birth
- Lateral ventricular enlargment is correlated with severity of SZ extremely early in life
- Ventricular dilation begins very late in SZ afflicted brains compared to controls around 2 yrs of age
- Ventricular dilation was not significantly associated with later onset of SZ
4. Which 2 groups in Seidman et al's (2002) study had the lowest left hippocampal volume?
- The two biological parents of the SZ pps and their non-psychotic relatives
- SZ pps and control groups
- SZ pps and their non-psychotic relatives
- Control groups and non-psychotic relatives of the SZ pps
5. What did research by Jacob & Winkler (1927) find?
- After removing cerebrospinal fluid from concious patients, the majority showed more enlarged left rather than right ventricles
- After removing cerebrospinal fluid from concious patients, the majority showed more enlarged right rather than left ventricles
- SZ pps showed more cerebrospinal fluid than controls in the right ventricles
- SZ pps showed more cerebrospinal fluid than controls in the left ventricles
Similar Psychology resources: