1. What are delusions? (DSM V)
- False beliefs that other people are plotting against them, even when they are told this is no the case
- False beliefs that everything (media, other people etc) are referring to herself
- Fixed beliefs that are not susceptible to change in light of conflicting evidence
- Believing they are dead, nothing exists and people are only spirits
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which century was there an 'explosion' of accounts according to Torrey (1988, 2001)?
- 16th Century
- 18th Century
- 17 Century
- 20th Century
3. What was found in a study focusing on the lateral ventricles in two identical twins?
- The SZ twin and abled twin had equally sized ventricles, SZ does not have a clinical genetic basis
- The abled twin had smaller lateral ventricles than the SZ twin
- The abled twin had larger lateral ventricles than the SZ twin
- SZ has a genetic basis
4. Where was grey matter lost consistency in adolescents (even at age 13yrs) with SZ?
- Parietal lobes
- Temporal lobes
- Parietal, temporal and frontal lobes
- Frontal lobes
5. What did a meta-analysis of 13 studies by Kempton et al (2010) show?
- Ventricular dilation begins very early in SZ afflicted brains, before or shortly after birth
- Lateral ventricular enlargment is correlated with severity of SZ extremely early in life
- Ventricular dilation begins very late in SZ afflicted brains compared to controls around 2 yrs of age
- Ventricular dilation was not significantly associated with later onset of SZ
Similar Psychology resources: