1. In Haxby's (2000) core and extended neural models for facial processing, where does the core system start?
- The auditory cortex
- The visual cortex (Inferior occipital gyri, superior temporal sulcus, lateral fusiform gyrus)
- The interparietal sulcus
- The visual cortex (superior occipital gyri, anterior temporal sulcus, lateral fusiform gyrus)
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In biological motion, which brain area is activated by the movement of the eyes, mouth, hands and body?
- Anterior cingulate cortex
- Superior temporal sulcus (STS)
- Superior tempoparietal sulcus (STS)
- Superior cingulate cortex
3. Which brain area in Heatherton et als (2006) study was activated when pp was asked to self-reflect?
- The mPFC, lowest in the friend condition with activation increasing in self and case conditions
- The mPFC, highest in the friend condition with activation decreasing in self and case conditions
- The mPFC, highest in the self reflecting condition with activation decreasing in friend and case conditions
- The mPFC, lowest in the self reflecting condition and highest in the friend and case condition
4. What measurement does the IAT test use?
- Eye-blink component, pps racial attitude reported beforehand
- Reaction time, pps racial attitude NOT reported beforehand
- Eccrine sweat gland activity, Reaction time, pps racial attitude NOT reported beforehand
- Reaction time, pps racial attitude reported beforehand
5. In a second experiment, what was the general conclusion made by Phelps et al (2000)?
- Amygdala response is modifiable with experience
- Amygdala response not modifiable with experience
- All americans are racist
- Race did not find, with future research to have a correlation with attitude