1. In Haxby's (2000) core and extended neural models for facial processing, where does the core system start?
- The interparietal sulcus
- The auditory cortex
- The visual cortex (Inferior occipital gyri, superior temporal sulcus, lateral fusiform gyrus)
- The visual cortex (superior occipital gyri, anterior temporal sulcus, lateral fusiform gyrus)
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. 3 patients with amygdala damage rated people on their trustworthiness. What was found?
- They rated untrustworthy faces as more trustworthy and a normal response for trustworthy faces
- They rated both untrustworthy and trustworthy faces as untrustworthy
- They rated both untrustworthy and trustworthy faces as trustworthy
3. In a second experiment, what was the general conclusion made by Phelps et al (2000)?
- Amygdala response is modifiable with experience
- Race did not find, with future research to have a correlation with attitude
- Amygdala response not modifiable with experience
- All americans are racist
4. Which part of the superior temporal sulcus responds to mutual more than averted eye gaze as well as other biological movements?
- Right posterior
- Left posterior
- Right anterior
- Left anterior
5. What was the effect of subliminally presenting faces to the amygdala?
- Amygdala codes salience or motivational relevance of stimulus regardless of individual awareness
- Amygdala codes salience but not motivational relevance of stimulus regardless of individual awareness
- Amygdala codes neither salience nor motivational relevance of stimulus regardless of individual awareness