1. Which is the largest part of the amygdala in humans?
- Neither, they are approximately the same size
- Basolateral cortex of the amygdala > Central nucleus of the amygdala
- Basolateral cortex of the amygdala < Central nucleus of the amygdala
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In light of the somatic marker hypothesis, what do results using the Iowa gambling task show?
- Neurotypical pps even before explicit knowledge of risky moves tend to choose 'safer' decks. Use gut instincts to guide their choices
- Lesions to pre-frontal cortex made participant choose safer decisions
- Neurotypical pps even before explicit knowledge of risky moves tend to choose more risky decks as they can appropriately calculate the outcome. Use gut instincts to guide their choices
- Neurotypical pps don't generally think about 'risky' or 'safe' decisions when making moves
3. What about a neural basis for other emotions?
- Animals lack self awareness, therefore we will never truly understand basic social or emotional responses
- Other emotions are less well understood, with mixed fMRI results and no as of yet brain lesion pps with specfic damage affecting these emotions. Social emotions e.g pride are currently under research scrutiny
- Other basic and social emotions have sufficient animal models but no human fMRI research evidence as of yet
4. What does the somatic marker hypothesis state?
- People experience bodily feelings that guide their decisions based on the anticipated pain/pleasure of the outcome.
- People score lower on the Iowa gambling task if they have less temporal lobe
- People score lower on the Iowa gambling task if they have a larger temporal lobe
- The same neurons will fire when you think about how something would feel and how it feels
5. What does the Limbic theory (1937) propose?
- The orbitofrontal cortex and amygdala have a neural circuit which mediates emotion
- The insula and amygdala have a neural circuit which mediates emotion
- It is a neual circuit of the cingulate cortex, hippocampus, anterior thalamus and hypothalamus that control our emotion
- It is a neual circuit of the prefrontal cortex, hippocampus, superior thalamus and hypothalamus that control our emotion