1. In light of the somatic marker hypothesis, what do results using the Iowa gambling task show?
- Neurotypical pps don't generally think about 'risky' or 'safe' decisions when making moves
- Lesions to pre-frontal cortex made participant choose safer decisions
- Neurotypical pps even before explicit knowledge of risky moves tend to choose 'safer' decks. Use gut instincts to guide their choices
- Neurotypical pps even before explicit knowledge of risky moves tend to choose more risky decks as they can appropriately calculate the outcome. Use gut instincts to guide their choices
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. When patient SM was asked to rate intensity of emotions in facial expressions what were the findings?
- Abnormal ratings of fear emotions, some other emotions (e.g anger) were not normal either but fear the worst affected
- Patient SM could not categorise anger
- The emotions of fear, disgust and anger produced abnormal rating
- Patient SM could not categorise fear
3. What is an emotion?
- A reaction to an event that includes a combo of string feelings, behavioural dispositions and physiological responses
- A predisposition to react in a certain way to an event or stimuli which induces a physiological response
- May be used as a synonym for affect, emotion is how the face displays psychological feelings to another
- A prolonged state of feeling, with a differing scales of arousal
4. What did the 'robogator' study using rats find?
- Robogator scared all the rats equally across both conditions
- Robogator did not scare the rats in either condition
- Pre-amygdala lesion rats tried to get food but ran away from robogator, post lesion rats showed no fear response to robogator
- Pre-amygdala lesion rats showed no fear response to robogator, post lesion rats tried to get food but ran away from robogator
5. What about a neural basis for other emotions?
- Animals lack self awareness, therefore we will never truly understand basic social or emotional responses
- Other emotions are less well understood, with mixed fMRI results and no as of yet brain lesion pps with specfic damage affecting these emotions. Social emotions e.g pride are currently under research scrutiny
- Other basic and social emotions have sufficient animal models but no human fMRI research evidence as of yet