1. What is an early behavioural reflex?
- An involuntary reaction to external stimuli
- A voluntary reaction to a stimuli
- A movement to attract attention
- A type of infant feeding behaviour
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why is the pregnant person most sensitive to radiation at this time?
- This is the critical period of prenatal brain development, with neural proliferation and migration, migration not occuring correctly has serious effects
- As the infants developing brain is at peak plasticity
- As this is the period in which synaptogenesis occurs
3. What is the second stage of brain development?
- Neurogenesis and cell migration
- Folding of the neural plate to form the neural tube
- The formation of the hindbrain
- Cell insulation
4. What does the process of myelinisation do/improve?
- Produces nerve cells at a rate of 250,000pm
- Adds to the weight of the total brain
- Insulates the cell and improves synaptogenesis (cell communication)
- Allows cells to acquire specialised functions
5. Which is the last brain area to stop growing?
- The prefrontal cortex
- The limbic system
- The cortex
- The cerebral cortex