1. Which is the last brain area to stop growing?
- The cerebral cortex
- The prefrontal cortex
- The cortex
- The limbic system
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does the process of myelinisation do/improve?
- Adds to the weight of the total brain
- Allows cells to acquire specialised functions
- Insulates the cell and improves synaptogenesis (cell communication)
- Produces nerve cells at a rate of 250,000pm
3. What is the darwinian reflex?
- When a baby is held with their feet barely touching a surface, they will make stepping motions
- When the palm of a babies hand is stroked, they make a strong fist and can be raised to standing if grasped
- When a baby is dropped/hears a loud noise, they extend limbs and fingers whilst drawing their head back as a protective reflex
- When a baby will grab anything that comes in close proximity to their face, a protective reflex
4. What stage of pregnancy were women most vunerable to radiation?
- 4 months
- 1 month
- 8 - 16 weeks
- 16 - 24 weeks
5. What are the main characteristics of fetal alcohol syndrome?
- Physical defects (e.g flat midface, microcephaly, micrognathia), growth retardation and CNS difficulties
- Small hippo-campus and other physical defects (e.g flat midface, microcephaly, micrognathia)
- Growth retardation (e.g low birth weight) and balance and hearing issues
- CNS issues (e.g learning/behaviourla disorders), Growth retardation emotional disturbances and