1. As the cortex grows, what happens to the brain?
- Vesicles develop
- Synaptic pruning
- Infolding to accommodate rapid growth
- Synaptogenesis occurs
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What stage of pregnancy were women most vunerable to radiation?
- 1 month
- 8 - 16 weeks
- 4 months
- 16 - 24 weeks
3. Which two areas govern autonomic functions as well as reflexes
- Brainstem and midbrain
- Cerebral cortex and Spinal cord
- Spinal cord and midbrain
- Automatic nervous system and medulla
4. Which is the last brain area to stop growing?
- The cerebral cortex
- The prefrontal cortex
- The cortex
- The limbic system
5. What effect does an enriched environment have on the cerebral cortex?
- It causes the cortical neurons to thicken as the infant is exposed to more sights and sounds.
- Aids in developing muscle tone and balance
- Aids in developing the infants vision and attention management
- The cerebral cortex increases in width with age allowing the infant to absorb more information