1. Who was the first group/experimentor to propose applying modern scientific methods to the study of psychic phenomena?
- Society for Psychical research
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
1 of 17
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these was NOT an issue with Bem et al (2011)?
- Data peeking and file drawer problem
- All results near threshold
- Eneven sample sizes
- Unequal variances
- 1 tail t-tests
- Correlational measures
3. Why was PEARs result highly significant?
- Although the result was significant, the experiment was done under uncontrolled conditions and so is not generalisable to the general population
- Significant was high because n was small, not because of a large effect. Effect driven by a few in thousand events.
- Significant was high because n was high, not because of a large effect. Effect driven by a few in thousand events.
- Experimentor bias manipulated the results to make the effect larger than it was
4. What is ESP?
- Extrasensory perception
- Extrasomatic perception
- Ethicalpractice perception
- Extraterrestrial percpetion
5. What is a reason for paying more attention to EFFECT SIZES over p values?
- Because small experimental biases can give rise to a high p if n is high, not a'real result'
- If you have controlled your experiment even small effects are interesting