1. What is a protected species?
- Insects and mammals
- All vertebrates and octopi from halfway through gestation
- Flies and single cell organisms
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. When tested at a coarse level...?
- There is little difference in colour discrimination across cultures
- There are significant differences in colour discrimination across cultures
3. What is the main premise of the Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis?
- Language influences cognition, words shape thought
- Cognition influences language, without self-generated thought there is no language
- Language is a seperate cognitive construct from all other modules
4. Motion perception is influenced by...?
- Top down mechanisms, adaptation to static motion alters IRL perception
- Bottom up mechanisms, adaptation to static motion alters IRL perception
5. What is reduction?
- Can you use less sentient animals or computer models to achieve the same end?
- Are you using the minimum number of animals? Statistical power is important.
- Animals should not be re-used unless there is a pressing reason. Minimise animal suffering.