1. Which is more likely to exist in the brain?
- Sparse/dense population codes
- Grandmother cells
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. In the retinal code for colour, how many types of photoreceptor cones are there?
3. Which allow for rapid learning and allow for simple network architecture?
- Sparse population codes
- Dense population codes
4. Which of these is a feature of SPARSE population codes?
- Captures similarity
- Redundant (resistant to damage)
- Each neuron is highly selective and emphasises uniqueness
- Emphasises generalisation and broad tuning
5. Which is the correct way to work out a firing rate weighted average?
- (Sum of) Preferred firing + firing rate x cell output/number of cells
- (Sum of) Firing rate x preferred firing/total amount of firing
- Preferred firing + firing rate x cell output
- (Sum of) Firing rate x preferred firing/preferred firing of the cell