1. Which is more likely to exist in the brain?
- Sparse/dense population codes
- Grandmother cells
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which is the best known population code?
- Somatosensory code for touch
- Hippocampal code for spatial navigation
- Retinal code for colour
- Hippocampal code for head orientation
3. In the retinal code for colour, how many types of photoreceptor cones are there?
4. What can be used to decode the value signalled from coarse coding?
- A histologically weighted average of each neurons preferred value
- A firing rate weighted average of each neurons preferred value
- A temporally weighted average of each neurons preferred value
- An amplitude weighted average of each neurons preferred value
5. What is breadth of tuning in relation to sparsity?
- A subset of the grandmother cell hypothesis
- The proportion of stimuli to which a given neuron responds
- The proportion of neurons that fire in a given time window
- How many neurons are found in a space which codes for a particular stimulus (influences gross firing rate)