1. How big is the tip of the electrode used in extracellular single unit recording?
- 40 micrometers which detect 3+-1 surrounding neurons
- 100 micrometers which detect 3+-1 surrounding neurons
- 40 micrometers which detect 4/5/6 surrounding neurons
- 100 micrometers which detect 4/5/6 surrounding neurons
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. In a raster plot, what does a dot represent?
- How many spikes fired in a given period
- A spike
- An experimental trial
3. What does a tuning curve represent?
- The typical L shaped trough pattern of neural responses
- The typical onset-offset response patterns of neurons
- The typical graded response patterns of neurons
- The typical U shaped curve of neural response patterns
4. What shape is a typical tuning curve?
- L shaped trough
- Bell shaped
- U shaped
- Plateau at offset
5. What tuning can generalise e.g the same neuron can detect a stimulus based on similarity to a prototypical representation?
- Detector tuning
- Response tuning
- Broad tuning
- Specific tuning
Similar Psychology resources: