1. Does amplitude of an action potential carry information?
- No, each action potential has approximately the same amplitude
- Yes, each actions potentials amplitude reflects the neurons activity
1 of 18
Other questions in this quiz
2. What shape is a typical tuning curve?
- L shaped trough
- Plateau at offset
- Bell shaped
- U shaped
3. What tuning can generalise e.g the same neuron can detect a stimulus based on similarity to a prototypical representation?
- Detector tuning
- Response tuning
- Broad tuning
- Specific tuning
4. In a raster plot, what does a dot represent?
- A spike
- An experimental trial
- How many spikes fired in a given period
5. What characterises the 'detector' analogy?
- An individual neuron intergrates information from a variety of sources and sends a signal representing the degree to which the inputs match some type of pattern
- Each neuron codes for a specific pattern with a 'detection threshold'
- Single neurons code for specific individual phenomena e.g there is a neuron that selectively codes for faces, another for dogs...
- An individual neuron 'detects' information in its receptive field and broadcasts to other single neurons
Similar Psychology resources: