1. Why was speed needed before the discovery of anaesthetics?
- Because patients would thrash around in pain
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Joseph Lister use to avoid infection?
- Carbolic spray
3. Why did anaesthetics cause the death rate to increase?
- Doctors became over confident and took alot of time so patients would bleed out.
4. Before anaesthetiics, how did doctors get patients to remain still?
- They were held down/restrained
5. What did sammelweis aim to get doctors to do?
- Use carbolic spray
- Wash their hands