1. what were the three main problems with surgery 1845-1918
- pain, infection, blood loss
- infection, disease, treatments
- medicines, blood loss, cleanliness
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. in what year were blood groups found?
3. who discovered the main breakthrough on anaesthetics?
- james simpson
- john snow
- edward jenner
4. how was pain dealt with?
- vaccination, germ theory, hand washing
- laughing gas, chloroform, ether
- amputation, happy gas, carbolic spray
5. which allowed blood to be stored, stopped from clotting and could separate blood cells?
- citrate glucose solution, sodium citrate, crutial red blood cells
- calcium chloride, magnesium, carbolic acid
- bromine water, ice, a fridge