1. What was first found to be a successful anaesthetic?
- Nitrous oxide
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. What did Joseph lister do?
- He used pasteurs work to learn about microbes before finding that carbolic spray could kill them
- He discovered that heating bacteria killed it
3. What was the main reason carbolic spray was used?
- It reduced the amount of deaths
- It was cheap
- It could be sourced easily
4. Why didn't religious people agree with using chloroform in childbirth?
- Childbirth was supposed to be painful and using chloroform was interferring
- It could kill people
5. What does aseptic mean?
- The prevention of bacteria
- Killing bacteria