1. Why couldn't silk be used
- It was too expensive
- It didn't absorb carbolic spray
- It wasn't hygienic
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did chloroform increase death rates?
- Doctors thought they could take longer to operate- causing infection
- It could permanently put people to sleep
3. What was the main reason carbolic spray was used?
- It could be sourced easily
- It reduced the amount of deaths
- It was cheap
4. Why did people start to use chloroform instead of ether?
- Ether was unpredictable and caused deaths
- Ether became too expensive
5. What was used after nitrous oxide?