1. Why didn't religious people agree with using chloroform in childbirth?
- Childbirth was supposed to be painful and using chloroform was interferring
- It could kill people
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was first found to be a successful anaesthetic?
- Nitrous oxide
3. What was the main reason carbolic spray was used?
- It could be sourced easily
- It reduced the amount of deaths
- It was cheap
4. What was discovered to stop blood from clotting in 1914?
- Saline solution
- Sodium citrate
- Citrate glucose
5. Why did they need anaesthetics?
- To stop screaming
- To stop patients from going into shock from the pain
- To give them more time