1. What was used after nitrous oxide?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was cauterisation?
- Using a hot iron to seal blood vessels and stop bleeding
- Sewing up blood vessels
- Applying pressure to stop bleeding
3. What does aseptic mean?
- The prevention of bacteria
- Killing bacteria
4. Why did chloroform increase death rates?
- Doctors thought they could take longer to operate- causing infection
- It could permanently put people to sleep
5. What did Joseph lister do?
- He used pasteurs work to learn about microbes before finding that carbolic spray could kill them
- He discovered that heating bacteria killed it