1. What was used after nitrous oxide?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was cauterisation?
- Using a hot iron to seal blood vessels and stop bleeding
- Sewing up blood vessels
- Applying pressure to stop bleeding
3. Why did chloroform increase death rates?
- Doctors thought they could take longer to operate- causing infection
- It could permanently put people to sleep
4. What did Ignaz Semmelweiss do?
- Wanted nurses to wear clean clothes
- Recognised the importance of hand washing in hospital
- Invented soap
5. What was first found to be a successful anaesthetic?
- Nitrous oxide