1. What does antiseptic mean?
- Killing bacteria
- The prevention of bacteria
1 of 13
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why couldn't silk be used
- It didn't absorb carbolic spray
- It wasn't hygienic
- It was too expensive
3. Why did they need anaesthetics?
- To stop screaming
- To stop patients from going into shock from the pain
- To give them more time
4. What was nitrous oxide first used for?
5. Why did chloroform increase death rates?
- Doctors thought they could take longer to operate- causing infection
- It could permanently put people to sleep