1. Why were silk ligatures not successful?
- It didn't absorb carbolic spray
- It wasn't hygienic
- It was too expensive
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was first found to be a successful anaesthetic?
- Nitrous oxide
3. Why didn't religious people agree with using chloroform in childbirth?
- Childbirth was supposed to be painful and using chloroform was interferring
- It could kill people
4. What was the main reason carbolic spray was used?
- It reduced the amount of deaths
- It was cheap
- It could be sourced easily
5. What did Joseph lister do?
- He used pasteurs work to learn about microbes before finding that carbolic spray could kill them
- He discovered that heating bacteria killed it