1. Why didn't religious people agree with using chloroform in childbirth?
- Childbirth was supposed to be painful and using chloroform was interferring
- It could kill people
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Why did people start to use chloroform instead of ether?
- Ether was unpredictable and caused deaths
- Ether became too expensive
3. What does antiseptic mean?
- Killing bacteria
- The prevention of bacteria
4. What did Ignaz Semmelweiss do?
- Wanted nurses to wear clean clothes
- Recognised the importance of hand washing in hospital
- Invented soap
5. What did karl landsteiner do?
- Discover blood groups
- Discover x-rays
- Discover carpulscles