1. SARABANDE - What IS 'Fortspinnung'??
- Short, regular 2-bar/4-bar phrases
- Improvisatory German knitting
- The constant 'spinning out' of a melody with small improvisatory changes.
- Regular, repetitive motifs
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. SARABANDE - Where in the bar does the beat fall? Example?
- First beat. Bar 4
- Second beat. Bar 1.
- Third beat. Bar 3.
- Second beat. Bar 11.
3. SARABANDE - What kind of runs are used? Where?
- Triadic only. Bar 7, from high-octave 'A'.
- Arpeggio-based passages. Bar 28, from high-octave 'A'.
- Scalic and triadic. Bar 11, from high-octave 'A'.
- Scalic and triadic. Bar 9, from high-octave 'A'.
4. GIGUE - What form is this piece in?
- Rondo form.
- Rounded Binary form.
- Binary form, with fuagal elements.
- Ternary form.
5. GIGUE - Give an example of functional harmony in this piece.
- Both halves end with a plagal cadence
- The first half ends with a perfect cadence
- Both halves end with a perfect cadence
- The second half ends with a perfect cadence