1. SARABANDE - What is notable about the ornamentation and embellishments in the piece?
- Used, but not written out
- Non-functional harmony
- Written out
- Not used at all
1 of 16
Other questions in this quiz
2. SARABANDE - What kind of runs are used? Where?
- Triadic only. Bar 7, from high-octave 'A'.
- Arpeggio-based passages. Bar 28, from high-octave 'A'.
- Scalic and triadic. Bar 11, from high-octave 'A'.
- Scalic and triadic. Bar 9, from high-octave 'A'.
3. BOTH - What kind of keys do the pieces modulate to?
- Closely-related keys.
- No modulations.
- Relative minors.
4. SARABANDE - "I span the German fort!"
- Castle Issues
- Who cares?
5. SARABANDE - What does the left hand have? Where?
- Chickenpox. Index finger.
- Frequent passages of continuous, steady quavers. Bars 2-3.
- Constant crotchets. Everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
- Occasional syncopated semiquavers. Bars 45-46.