1. What type of suicide is a result from a lack of social integration?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who tried to add urbanisation to the factors that are likely to reduce social integration and sense of community?
3. What is one key Point that Douglas raises?
- Societies do not share the same meaning of suicide
- Suicide is an objective fact
- Suicide statistics are NOT socially constructed
- People are interested in suicide
4. What other point did Douglas raise?
- Suicide is popular in Catholicism
- The less integrated a society, the suicide rates will be lower
- The more integrated a society, the more likely it will be that a higher proportion of suicide will be covered up.
- Suicide rates are higher in poorer countries
5. What type of suicide is linked to the over-intergration of the individual into society?