1. Who tried to add urbanisation to the factors that are likely to reduce social integration and sense of community?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is one key Point that Douglas raises?
- People are interested in suicide
- Societies do not share the same meaning of suicide
- Suicide statistics are NOT socially constructed
- Suicide is an objective fact
3. What research method did Steven Taylor (1982) use when investigating deaths on the London Underground and who with?
- Participant observation and train drivers
- Interviews and people who tried to commit suicide on the London Underground
- Interviews and coroners
- Covert observation and witnesses
4. What is the problem with using statistics from 1840 - 1870?
- Can't read them
- Can't access them
- Not reliable
- Don't exist
5. What other point did Douglas raise?
- The more integrated a society, the more likely it will be that a higher proportion of suicide will be covered up.
- Suicide is popular in Catholicism
- The less integrated a society, the suicide rates will be lower
- Suicide rates are higher in poorer countries