1. What is one key Point that Douglas raises?
- People are interested in suicide
- Societies do not share the same meaning of suicide
- Suicide statistics are NOT socially constructed
- Suicide is an objective fact
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What type of suicide is linked to the over-intergration of the individual into society?
3. Who tried to add urbanisation to the factors that are likely to reduce social integration and sense of community?
4. What other point did Douglas raise?
- Suicide is popular in Catholicism
- The more integrated a society, the more likely it will be that a higher proportion of suicide will be covered up.
- Suicide rates are higher in poorer countries
- The less integrated a society, the suicide rates will be lower
5. What type of suicide is it when a suicide bomber kills themselves?