1. Who tried to add urbanisation to the factors that are likely to reduce social integration and sense of community?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What research method did Steven Taylor (1982) use when investigating deaths on the London Underground and who with?
- Participant observation and train drivers
- Interviews and people who tried to commit suicide on the London Underground
- Interviews and coroners
- Covert observation and witnesses
3. What type of suicide is linked to the over-intergration of the individual into society?
4. What other point did Douglas raise?
- Suicide rates are higher in poorer countries
- Suicide is popular in Catholicism
- The more integrated a society, the more likely it will be that a higher proportion of suicide will be covered up.
- The less integrated a society, the suicide rates will be lower
5. What type of sociologists are Douglas and Atkinson?