1. who supports durkheim and douglas's ideas but expands on them?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. according to Durkheim what two social forces are linked to suicide?
- social integration & moral regulation
- social isolation & social integration
- moral panic & folk devils
- social integration & socialisation agencies
3. interpretivists argue that suicice statistics are ?
- they are the best way to decide if a death was suicide
- they are highly relibale because only coroners interpret them
- invalid and unreliable as different coroners reach different verdicts on the same thing
- they are valid, they show a true picture of reality
4. Durkheims reseach into suicide involved looking at?
- suicide notes
- official statistics
5. according to douglas what 4 ways can people define their suicide
- gambling, for joy, to be reckless, to see if people notice
- a means of transforming the self, oneself for others,achieving fellow feelings,gaining revenge
- there is only two ways that define this
- douglas did not say anything about this