1. When do Britain withdraw from Suez?
- October 1954
- October 1953
- October 1956
1 of 15
Other questions in this quiz
2. When do Baathists take control of Syria?
3. Why does Sadat decide to go to war in 1973?
- needs to win back the Sinai by armed force
- assumes a superpower will intervene before either side win
- confident that the Arabs will win
4. When do Britain and the USA agree to limit arms to Israel and Egypt?
5. What is a key consequence of the 1973 war?
- both sides are more willing to compromise
- Israel have gained more territory
- the PLO are weakened
Similar History resources: