1. After lichens comes mosses. What are the different stages called?
- Seral stages
- Swift stages
- Successive stages
- Succession stages
1 of 9
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is the definition of succession?
- The evolution of plants into trees
- Change overtime brought about by the organisms themselves
- Trees becoming the climax community
- The changing environment over time in a specific habitat
3. Name the first pioneer species?
4. Which of these is not a common feature of the pioneer plant?
- Fast germination
- High tolerance
- Takes carbon dioxide from the atmosphere
- Fast seed dispersal
5. What happens to biodiversity after the climax community is reached?
- Levels off
- Stays the same