1. The Argument From Clear & Distinct Ideas is......
- I can't have clear and distinct ideas but Descartes provides no reason why
- I can clearly and distinctly concieve of myself as a mind existing seperately from my body
- I can't have clear and distinct ideas as they do no exist
- I can't have clear and distinct ideas as they come from God
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. The Argument From Doubt is....
- I can doubt my body exists, but not my mind
- I can doubt everything, nothing is possible
- I can doubt my mind eists, but not my body
- I can doubt nothing, everything is possible
3. Ryle believes Descartes makes, what?
- A circular argument
- A category mistake: because he thought the mind is different from someone's behaviour when in fact they are the same thing
- No mistakes, Ryle is a substance dualist too!
- A hypothetical mistake: because he assumes the implicit relationship between someone's behaviour and their actions
4. Another is the argument from....
- Ideas and Concepts
5. The next is....
- Clear and Distinct Ideas
Similar Philosophy resources: