1. The Argument From Doubt is....
- I can doubt my body exists, but not my mind
- I can doubt everything, nothing is possible
- I can doubt my mind eists, but not my body
- I can doubt nothing, everything is possible
1 of 12
Other questions in this quiz
2. Ryle believes Descartes makes, what?
- A circular argument
- A hypothetical mistake: because he assumes the implicit relationship between someone's behaviour and their actions
- A category mistake: because he thought the mind is different from someone's behaviour when in fact they are the same thing
- No mistakes, Ryle is a substance dualist too!
3. Substance Dualism is a reductive theory of the mind. True or False?
4. Descartes believes consciousness....
- has no need to havve an explaination as it's a basic feature of the mind
- Descatres doesn't mention consciousness
- is a seperate entitiy from the brain, it needs to be kept healthy through reasoning (which takes part in the soul)
- Does not occur
5. Who said: The mind has no location in order to intermingle with matter, which IS located
- Elizabeth Of Bohemia
- Harrold Of Suffolk
- Sally Of Ibiza
Similar Philosophy resources: