1. What are the methodological problems with daily hassels research?
- Many researchers use retrospective recall to investigate daily hassels and this may make the reporting unreliable, causal conclusions cannot be drawn easily
- The invention of new technology means our current knowledge is rapidly becoming out if date as technological advances may change stressors in the workplace
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who developed Hardiness Training?
3. What are the three stages of Hardiness Training?
- Focusing: learn to indentify the physical symptoms of stress, Relieving: learn to analyse stressful situations to understand coping strategies, Self-improvement: take on challenges which can be coped with to build confidence
- Conceptualization: indentify fears and concerns, Skill acquisition: train to develop skills like positive thinking and relaxation to improve self confidence, Application: practise skills in real life
4. Who carried out research into exam stress in 1984?
5. What did Kiecolt-Glaser find out?
- NK cell activity was significantly reduced in the second blood sample, short term predictable stress reduces immune system functioning
- The wounds given during exam season took 40% longer to heal