1. What did Marmot find about workload?
- There was no link between high workload and stress related illness, and it was concluded that job demard wasn't a major factor in stress
- 5 years after the initial assesment, it was found that those who initially reported low levels of control were more likely to have developed heart disease
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who created the Social Readjustment Rating Scale?
- Homles and Rahe
3. Who developed SIT?
4. Which piece of research can be used to evaluate Marmot's study?
- Lazarus: the point of individual differences is missed in Marmot's study, some people may percieve high demands as stressful while others do not
- Lifton: students with high Hardiness scores were more likely to finish their degrees
5. What did Holmes and Rahe do in their study?
- Gave a version of the SRRS to 2700 navy men who filled it in just before a tour of duty, an illness score was calculated on the basis of illness recorded during the 7 month tour
- Inflicted punch biopsies in the mouths of students either in the holidays or during exam season