1. What is a problem with Hardiness research?
- Much of the research has relied upon evidence from self-report questionnaires
- Individual differences are important- one person may be more affected by life changes than another as well as this the relationship is correlational rather than causal
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Who developed Hardiness Training?
3. Which piece of research can be used to evaluate Holmes and Rahe's study?
- Lazarus: daily hassels are more significant than life events as they are the more common and more significant source of stress for most people
- Ruffin: daily hassels were linked to greater psychological and physical disfunction than life events
4. What did Kiecolt-Glaser do in her study?
- Took blood samples from students in a low stress and high stress period, immune system functioning was measured by NK cell activity
- Inflicted punch biopsies in the mouths of students either in the holidays or during exam season
5. What do Marmot do in his study?
- Gave over 7000 civil servants a questionnaire on workload, job control and a health check for signs of Cardiovascular disease. An indepent assesment was also done by checking job specification and role, they were reassessed 5 years later
- Asked nurses to keep diaries for a month recording their hassels and uplifts whilst at work