1. What points can be used to evaluate Holmes and Rahe's study?
- Individual differences are important- one person may be more affected by life changes than another as well as this the relationship is correlational rather than causal
- Many researchers use retrospective recall to investigate daily hassels and this may make the reporting unreliable, causal conclusions cannot be drawn easily
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which piece of research supports Maddi's study?
- Lifton: students with high Hardiness scores were more likely to finish their degrees
- Ruffin: daily hassels were linked to greater psychological and physical disfunction than life events
3. What point can be used to evaluate studies into workplace stress?
- The invention of new technology means our current knowledge is rapidly becoming out if date as technological advances may change stressors in the workplace
- Much of the research has relied upon evidence from self-report questionnaires
4. Who created the Hassels and Uplifts Scale?
5. What did Kiecolt-Glaser do in her study?
- Took blood samples from students in a low stress and high stress period, immune system functioning was measured by NK cell activity
- Inflicted punch biopsies in the mouths of students either in the holidays or during exam season