1. What are the three stages of Hardiness Training?
- Focusing: learn to indentify the physical symptoms of stress, Relieving: learn to analyse stressful situations to understand coping strategies, Self-improvement: take on challenges which can be coped with to build confidence
- Conceptualization: indentify fears and concerns, Skill acquisition: train to develop skills like positive thinking and relaxation to improve self confidence, Application: practise skills in real life
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What point can be used to evaluate studies into workplace stress?
- The invention of new technology means our current knowledge is rapidly becoming out if date as technological advances may change stressors in the workplace
- Much of the research has relied upon evidence from self-report questionnaires
3. Which piece of research can be used to evaluate Holmes and Rahe's study?
- Lazarus: daily hassels are more significant than life events as they are the more common and more significant source of stress for most people
- Ruffin: daily hassels were linked to greater psychological and physical disfunction than life events
4. Who developed Hardiness Training?
5. Who developed SIT?