1. Explain what is meant by intermolecular forces.
- The forces between molecules.
- The forces inside the molecule.
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Explain how the atoms in a metal are bonded together.
- The outer electrons delocalise leaving a lattice of positive ions. The delocalised electrons strongly attract the positive ions and hold them in position.
- The outer electrons delocalise leaving a lattice of positive ions. The delocalised electrons strongly attract the negative ions and hold them in position.
3. Silver nanoparticles are used in socks to prevent bad smells. Suggest why the manufacturers used nanoparticles instead of regular silver particles.
- They are more effective and cheaper.
- They are better looking and more effective.
- They keep the socks intact for longer.
4. Why can graphite conduct electricity?
- The delocalised electrons in graphite carries the charge.
- Because it has weak intermolecular forces.
- Because its silver.
5. What is a fullerene?
- A chemical used to transfer drugs into the body,
- Forms of carbon, with large molecules with hexagon cage like structures.
- A type of element used to give a molecule strong forces.