1. Explain what is meant by intermolecular forces.
- The forces between molecules.
- The forces inside the molecule.
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. Silver nanoparticles are used in socks to prevent bad smells. Suggest why the manufacturers used nanoparticles instead of regular silver particles.
- They keep the socks intact for longer.
- They are more effective and cheaper.
- They are better looking and more effective.
3. What is a fullerene?
- A chemical used to transfer drugs into the body,
- Forms of carbon, with large molecules with hexagon cage like structures.
- A type of element used to give a molecule strong forces.
4. Explain why a block of copper can be hammered into a sheet.
- Copper breaks when a force is applied.
- The atoms are in layers and these layers can slide over each other into the new shape.
- Because copper isn't very strong.
5. Why do ionic compounds need to be molten or in solution to conduct electricity?
- The ions cannot move in the solid, but become free to move in the molten liquid/ solution.
- The ions cannot move in a Liquid, but become free in to move in solid.