1. What happens to electrons in atoms when covalent bonds are formed?
- They are shared.
- They are transferred.
1 of 7
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is a compound?
- A substance made of 2 or more elements that have reacted together or chemically bonded together.
- The substances in a mixture can be separated using physical methods such as filtration, freezing, and distillation.
3. Which electrons in an atom are involved in bonding?
- Outer electrons
- Inner most electrons
4. Why do elements in group 1 form ions with a single positive charge?
- Lose an electron.
- Gain 7 electrons.
5. Why do ionic compounds have giant structures?
- The attractive forces between oppositely charged ions act in all directions.
- They had a very powerful reaction.