1. Who criticised Giddens for ignoring gender and ethnicity but still acknowledges there are labour divisions?
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What percentage of society are in the underclass according to Runciman?
3. Which of these facts about Craine's study of unqualified youths is not true?
- Ethnographic methods were used
- Historical documents were observed
- 39 unqualified youths were studied
- The study was conducted in Manchester
- Craine spent ten years studying the youths
4. Who argues that the movement from training schemes to parenthood and crime did not create an established underclass?
5. What was Runciman's seven class system based on?
- Cultural deprivation
- Levels of human capital
- Control, power and marketability
- Economic divisions
Similar Sociology resources: