1. What percentage of society are in the underclass according to Runciman?
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Which of these facts about Craine's study of unqualified youths is not true?
- Historical documents were observed
- Ethnographic methods were used
- The study was conducted in Manchester
- 39 unqualified youths were studied
- Craine spent ten years studying the youths
3. Who argues that the movement from training schemes to parenthood and crime did not create an established underclass?
4. What does Westergaard believe that the cause of the underclass 'falling' from the working class is?
- Material deprivation
- Economic strains
- A lack of culture
- A lack of human capital
5. Who criticised Giddens for ignoring gender and ethnicity but still acknowledges there are labour divisions?
Similar Sociology resources: