1. Who argues that the movement from training schemes to parenthood and crime did not create an established underclass?
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What does Westergaard believe that the cause of the underclass 'falling' from the working class is?
- Economic strains
- A lack of human capital
- A lack of culture
- Material deprivation
3. Who argues that there is a dual labour market based on class with the underclass in the secondary market?
- McDonald and Marsh
4. Who criticised Giddens for ignoring gender and ethnicity but still acknowledges there are labour divisions?
5. Which of these facts about Craine's study of unqualified youths is not true?
- Craine spent ten years studying the youths
- Ethnographic methods were used
- The study was conducted in Manchester
- Historical documents were observed
- 39 unqualified youths were studied
Similar Sociology resources: