1. Which of these facts about Craine's study of unqualified youths is not true?
- Historical documents were observed
- Craine spent ten years studying the youths
- The study was conducted in Manchester
- Ethnographic methods were used
- 39 unqualified youths were studied
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was Runciman's seven class system based on?
- Levels of human capital
- Control, power and marketability
- Cultural deprivation
- Economic divisions
3. Who argues that the movement from training schemes to parenthood and crime did not create an established underclass?
4. Who theorizes that marginalisation is due not to personal choice but material deprivation?
- McDonald and Marsh
5. What does Westergaard believe that the cause of the underclass 'falling' from the working class is?
- Economic strains
- A lack of human capital
- A lack of culture
- Material deprivation
Similar Sociology resources: