1. What does Westergaard believe that the cause of the underclass 'falling' from the working class is?
- Economic strains
- A lack of human capital
- A lack of culture
- Material deprivation
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What percentage of society are in the underclass according to Runciman?
3. Which of these facts about Craine's study of unqualified youths is not true?
- Ethnographic methods were used
- The study was conducted in Manchester
- Craine spent ten years studying the youths
- Historical documents were observed
- 39 unqualified youths were studied
4. Who criticised Giddens for ignoring gender and ethnicity but still acknowledges there are labour divisions?
5. Who argues that the movement from training schemes to parenthood and crime did not create an established underclass?
Similar Sociology resources: