1. What does Westergaard believe that the cause of the underclass 'falling' from the working class is?
- A lack of human capital
- A lack of culture
- Economic strains
- Material deprivation
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was Runciman's seven class system based on?
- Cultural deprivation
- Levels of human capital
- Control, power and marketability
- Economic divisions
3. What percentage of society are in the underclass according to Runciman?
4. Who theorizes that marginalisation is due not to personal choice but material deprivation?
- McDonald and Marsh
5. Who argues that the movement from training schemes to parenthood and crime did not create an established underclass?
Similar Sociology resources: