1. Which is not a feature of someone with hardiness?
1 of 10
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is not a feature of SIT
- Making an anxiety hierarchy
- Application to real life situations
- Skill acquisition and rehearsal
3. Which statement best describes Conceptualisation?
- Taking on new challenges
- Identifying fears and and anxieties whilst establishing a relationship with the therapist
- Implying newly acquired relaxation and coping techniques to real life
- Training to develop skills in coping with stress and relaxation techniques
4. Who's study has been criticised for being particularly unethical and why?
- Kanner et al's study because the results were only correlational
- Brady's monkey study because all of the monkey's died painfully and slowly
- Frankenhaeuser's study because it had high ecological validity
- Marmot et al's study because data was obtained using questionnaires and not kept unanimous
5. Drug treatments for stress do not...
- … reduce the activity of the sympathetic nervous system
- … help the patient to practise relaxation techniques and apply them to real life
- … slow down the activity of the central nervous system
- … slow down the activity of neurones making us feel relaxed