1. What is one of the chronic stress responses most commonly known as?
- HPA axis
- Autonomic nervous system
- Sympathomedullary Pathway
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Studies to support dopamine and link to addictions
- James Olds and Milner-placed electrode in rats head and stimulated it each time they entered an area of the cage.
- all correct
- Joutsa et al-gambling causes increased dopamine levels
- Volkow et al-addiction causes changes in the frontal cortex. cocaine addicts for example show abnormalities in their frontal cortex
3. HANS selye gas model components
- Alarm, Resistance, Exhaustion
- Alarm, Relevation, Exhaustion
- Alertness, Releavation, Ending
- Alertness, Rendering, Exhaustion
4. What do all the letters stand for in the HPA axis
- H- hypothalamus P-pituatory A-Adrenal Medulla
- H-Hippocampus P-pituatory A-Adrenala Medulla
- H-Hippocampus P- pituatory A-Amygdala
- H-Hypothalamus P-Pituatory A-Amygdala
5. Whats Griffiths 6 characteristics of addiction?
- Conflict, mood swings, hallucinations.
- Alarm,resistance, exhaustion
- Salience-most important thing is the addiction, mood modification-behaviours change when the addictive substance alters the mood pathway, tolerance-take more of the substance to get desired effect,withdrawal symptoms, conflict and relapse
- D2 receptors