1. The neurotransmitter responsible for activating organs?
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Once the SNS is activated the SAM sends neurons to which part of the brain
- Frontal Cortex
- Adrenal Medulla
- Medulla Oblongata
- Nucleus Accumbens
3. what are issues with the stress response
- all correct
- cause and effect of cortisol and illness as eating, sleeping, alcohol, caffeine all increase cortisol levels
- Miller et al- lack of longitudinal studies. so more research should be done.
- Nestor lopez duran et al-Variation in cortisol in children in stressful situations and boys have a greater response to the stressors.
4. What is the sympathetic nervous system
- Makes you respond sensitively to a sensitive issue
- Gets you going when you are stressed
- Slows down the stress response.
- makes you respond insensitively to a sensitive issue
5. What is one of the chronic stress responses most commonly known as?
- HPA axis
- Autonomic nervous system
- Sympathomedullary Pathway