1. What is one of the chronic stress responses most commonly known as?
- Sympathomedullary Pathway
- Autonomic nervous system
- HPA axis
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What is secreted by the pituatory gland
3. Whats Griffiths 6 characteristics of addiction?
- Conflict, mood swings, hallucinations.
- Alarm,resistance, exhaustion
- Salience-most important thing is the addiction, mood modification-behaviours change when the addictive substance alters the mood pathway, tolerance-take more of the substance to get desired effect,withdrawal symptoms, conflict and relapse
- D2 receptors
4. What are the effects of sympathetic nervous system
- increased heart rate, breathing rate, sweating and trembling
- cardiovascular disorder
- serosis of the liver
5. Chronic stress responses
- Effects on health-Immunosupression- Immune system shuts down. Effects on memory-cortisol impairs memory Sabrina Kuhlmann administered cortisol to women who were asked to recall 30 words and they struggled to remember.
- Prenatal stress-cortisol crosses over the placenta. Thomas O'conner et al - 75 children aged over 10 showed increased cortisol levels if mothers experienced stress during pregnancy
- All correct
- cortisol-regulates the immune system and central nervous system