1. how does the mass of a vehicle affect stopping distance?
- increases braking distance
- decreases thinking distance
- increases thinking distance
- decreases braking distance
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. What may a slippery road do to braking distance?
- trick question
- keep it the same
3. How may a driver's reaction time be affected?
- if a driver is on drugs or drunk or tired it will increase
- if the car is going quickly
- if a driver is on drugs or drunk or tired it will decrease
- if somebody is focused on the road
4. what is thinking distance?
- the distance between driver looking up from their phone and realising the police are after them,they've gone the wrong way and they forgot to buy the bread
- the distance it takes for the driver to react to dangerous stimuli
- the distance a car travels while the driver reacts to the danger and applies the breaks
- the distance the car takes to 'recognise' the driver applied the breaks
5. Which of the below changes thinking distance?
- state of the road
- amount of friction between the tyres and the road
- state of the brakes