1. how may reaction time affect stopping distance?
- if fast it may increase braking distance
- if slow it may increase braking distance
- if slow it may increase thinking distance
- if slow it may decrease thinking distance
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. what is thinking distance?
- the distance a car travels while the driver reacts to the danger and applies the breaks
- the distance between driver looking up from their phone and realising the police are after them,they've gone the wrong way and they forgot to buy the bread
- the distance it takes for the driver to react to dangerous stimuli
- the distance the car takes to 'recognise' the driver applied the breaks
3. If a car had a stopping distance of 10 seconds and a braking distance of 7 seconds, what is the thinking distance?
- 0 seconds
- 17 seconds
- 70 seconds
- 3 seconds
4. How doesn't the speed of a vehicle affect stopping distance?
- trick question!
- increases thinking distance
- decreases thinking distance
- increases braking distance
5. If a car had a stopping distance of 13 ft, and a thinking distance of 5 ft,what would the braking distance be?