1. If a car had a stopping distance of 10 seconds and a braking distance of 7 seconds, what is the thinking distance?
- 0 seconds
- 17 seconds
- 70 seconds
- 3 seconds
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. How may a vehicle with a high mass affect braking distance?
- increases because it creates more friction
- It increases as it takes more force to stop a vehicle with a higher mass
- Decreases as it take more force to stop a vehicle with a higher mass
- decreases because it makes less friction
3. What is braking distance?
- the proximity between you and that one person...
- the distance it takes for the brakes to be applied
- the distance a car travels while slowing down
- the distance it takes for the wheel of the car to rotate when braking
4. how may reaction time affect stopping distance?
- if slow it may increase thinking distance
- if slow it may increase braking distance
- if slow it may decrease thinking distance
- if fast it may increase braking distance
5. Which of the below changes thinking distance?
- amount of friction between the tyres and the road
- state of the road
- state of the brakes