1. If a car had a stopping distance of 10 seconds and a braking distance of 7 seconds, what is the thinking distance?
- 70 seconds
- 3 seconds
- 0 seconds
- 17 seconds
1 of 14
Other questions in this quiz
2. How doesn't the speed of a vehicle affect stopping distance?
- decreases thinking distance
- increases thinking distance
- increases braking distance
- trick question!
3. How may a vehicle with a high mass affect braking distance?
- decreases because it makes less friction
- Decreases as it take more force to stop a vehicle with a higher mass
- It increases as it takes more force to stop a vehicle with a higher mass
- increases because it creates more friction
4. what is thinking distance?
- the distance between driver looking up from their phone and realising the police are after them,they've gone the wrong way and they forgot to buy the bread
- the distance it takes for the driver to react to dangerous stimuli
- the distance a car travels while the driver reacts to the danger and applies the breaks
- the distance the car takes to 'recognise' the driver applied the breaks
5. How does the mass of a vehicle affect thinking distance?
- Not at all
- may increase or decrease