1. Define a racemic mixture
- contains only 1 enantiomer of an optically active compound
- contains equal quantities of each enantiomer of an optically active compound (50/50)
- contains similar quantites of each enantiomer of an optically active compound
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. How can you test if a compund is optically active?
- If they rotate a plane of polarised light
- If the rotate a plane of light
- add NaOH
- cross your fingers and hope
3. Which mechanism produces two type of optical isomer?
- Electrophilic addition
- Sn1 Mechanism
- Nucleophilic addition
- Sn2 Mechanism
4. How many types of steorisomers are there?
- because thats how chemistry works
- because planar ion can be attcked by nucleophile from either side
- because planar ion can only be attacked by nucleophile from one side