1. How many types of steorisomers are there?
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. Define a racemic mixture
- contains only 1 enantiomer of an optically active compound
- contains equal quantities of each enantiomer of an optically active compound (50/50)
- contains similar quantites of each enantiomer of an optically active compound
3. What must a compund have to create a optical isomer?
- Chiral centre
- 3 different groups attached to a carbon
- at least 1 hydrogen attched to a carbon
4. Which mechanism produces two type of optical isomer?
- Nucleophilic addition
- Electrophilic addition
- Sn1 Mechanism
- Sn2 Mechanism
5. Define Stereoisomers
- same molecular formula and are arranged the same in the space
- same molecular formula but are arranged differently in the space
- different molecualr formula but are arranged the same in the space
- different molecualr formula and are arranged differently in the space