1. Define a racemic mixture
- contains only 1 enantiomer of an optically active compound
- contains equal quantities of each enantiomer of an optically active compound (50/50)
- contains similar quantites of each enantiomer of an optically active compound
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
- because planar ion can be attcked by nucleophile from either side
- because planar ion can only be attacked by nucleophile from one side
- because thats how chemistry works
3. What must a compund have to create a optical isomer?
- at least 1 hydrogen attched to a carbon
- Chiral centre
- 3 different groups attached to a carbon
4. Which mechanism produces two type of optical isomer?
- Sn1 Mechanism
- Electrophilic addition
- Sn2 Mechanism
- Nucleophilic addition
5. How many types of steorisomers are there?