1. What must a compund have to create a optical isomer?
- at least 1 hydrogen attched to a carbon
- Chiral centre
- 3 different groups attached to a carbon
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
2. How can you test if a compund is optically active?
- If they rotate a plane of polarised light
- cross your fingers and hope
- If the rotate a plane of light
- add NaOH
3. How many types of steorisomers are there?
- because planar ion can be attcked by nucleophile from either side
- because planar ion can only be attacked by nucleophile from one side
- because thats how chemistry works
5. Define Stereoisomers
- same molecular formula but are arranged differently in the space
- different molecualr formula and are arranged differently in the space
- different molecualr formula but are arranged the same in the space
- same molecular formula and are arranged the same in the space