1. What must a compund have to create a optical isomer?
- at least 1 hydrogen attched to a carbon
- Chiral centre
- 3 different groups attached to a carbon
1 of 8
Other questions in this quiz
- because planar ion can be attcked by nucleophile from either side
- because planar ion can only be attacked by nucleophile from one side
- because thats how chemistry works
3. How can you test if a compund is optically active?
- add NaOH
- If they rotate a plane of polarised light
- If the rotate a plane of light
- cross your fingers and hope
4. What isomerism happens because of c=c bond?
- E/Z (geometric)
- functional groups
5. How many types of steorisomers are there?