1. What did the regulation say in Powell v Kempton Park Racecourse?
- You cant keep a 'house, office, room or other place' for betting
- You cant use an outdoor place for betting
- You can only have a place to bet if you have a licence
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happened in Jones v Tower Boot Co.?
- Employee suffered racial harrassment, it was illegal to suffer harrassment during the course of employment
- A man was killed whilst cleaning the railways, his wife tried to claim for it
- A man tried to marry two people, this was illegal
3. Facts of Adler v George, and which rule/approach?
- His partner died, who had been the tenant of the house, but they had lived together for 20 years
- Golden Rule (Broad Approach)- Got into RAF Station, which was restricted. it was an offence to be in vicinity of prohibited place
- Killed his mother in order to inherit her estate
4. What are the words interpreted in Berriman?
- 'relaying or repairing'
5. What was held in Foster v Diphwys Casson, and what rule of language is it?
- Broken glass wasnt included in list of 'gun, pistol, cutlass, bludgeon or any other weapon. Ejusdem Generis
- Cloth bag wasnt in statutory definition. Must be same strength as case or canister. Noscitur a sociis
- He wasnt reparing or relaying the lines, only cleaning them, Ejusdem Generis