1. What was decided in Pepper v Hart?
- Lord Giffiths said we could use extraneous material
- Lord Denning decided he was wong
- Lord Simmonds decided that he was wrong
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. Ratio of Re Sigsworth
- Actions were included in the Act's intention
- No ambiguity but judges decided it would be 'repugnant to public policy' so Parliament couldnt have intended it
- 'vicinity of' should be near/on the place- guilty
3. Which rule of language is a closed list?
- Expressio unius est exclusio alterius
- Noscitur a sociis
- Ejusdem Generis
4. What does Noscitur a sociis mean?
- 'of the same kind'
- 'closed list'
- 'a word is known by the company it keeps'
- 'mention of thing excludes another'
5. In Wood v Commissioner of Metro Police, what was the broken glass no EG with?
- 'gun, pistol, cutlass, bludgeon or any other weapon'
- 'lands titles and coal mines'
- 'house office room or other place'