1. In which case does a prostitute knock on the window because it is illegal to 'solicit in a street or public place'?
- Smith v Hughes
- Re Sigsworth
- Bulmer Ltd
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What happened in Jones v Tower Boot Co.?
- A man tried to marry two people, this was illegal
- Employee suffered racial harrassment, it was illegal to suffer harrassment during the course of employment
- A man was killed whilst cleaning the railways, his wife tried to claim for it
3. Which rule of language is a closed list?
- Expressio unius est exclusio alterius
- Noscitur a sociis
- Ejusdem Generis
4. Facts of Wood v Commissioner of Metro Police
- Police went to D's house, he slammed the door and broke the window. He then used a bit of broken glass to hurt an officer and was charged with having an offensive weapon
- He opened his coffee shop after hours, without a licence
- He used the vote of a dead person
5. What were the words interpreted in RCN v DHSS?
- 'registered medical pracitioner'
- 'plying for hire'