1. Facts of Whiteley v Chappell
- He used the vote of a dead person. Statute made it an offence to impersonate 'any person entitled to vote'
- He killed his mother to inherit her estate
- He was exposing himself to people in a pubic toilet
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. What was the ratio of Cheeseman?
- No compensation granted- he was maintaning lines, not 'relaying or reparing' them
- not guilty- the policemen were not 'passengers' because they went looking for him
- Guilty- he was exposing himself
3. What happened in Jones v Tower Boot Co.?
- Employee suffered racial harrassment, it was illegal to suffer harrassment during the course of employment
- A man was killed whilst cleaning the railways, his wife tried to claim for it
- A man tried to marry two people, this was illegal
4. Which rule of language is a closed list?
- Ejusdem Generis
- Expressio unius est exclusio alterius
- Noscitur a sociis
5. What are the words interpreted in Berriman?
- 'relaying or repairing'