1. An output shows the following: MSa = 12.6, Ms/a = 17 dfa = 7 dfs/a = 15 F = 1.5
- No, as critical F = 2.71
- Yes, as critical F = 2.61
- Yes, as critical F = 2.71
- No, as critical F = 2.61
1 of 20
Other questions in this quiz
2. A researcher puts p's into each environment condition: statistics lecture, birdsong or rousing speech. They are ascribed 0mg 10mg or 15 mg of anti-depressants and self-reported depression is measured after each environment exposure. Name the design.
- A Two - Way - 2x2 - Between -Groups - Design
- A Two - Way - 3x3 - Split -Plot - Design
- A One - Way - Repeated - Measures - Design
- A Three - Way - Mixed - Design
3. Which of the following does NOT determine statistical power?
- Sample Size
- F - score
- Alpha level
- Effect Size
4. Eta squared measures what?
- The proportion of effect + error
- The proportion of error + residual
- The proportion of total variance that is attributable to an effect
- The proportion of the effect + error variance that is attributable to an effect
5. What are the main benefits of a Repeated Measures (Within Subjects) design?
- It controls for individual differences between participants, Participants providing scores for each treatment helps prevent fluctuation due to individual participants
- It controls for residual error, Participants are happier and more engaged, leading to less chance of boredom effects
- It controls for demand characteristics, Participants providing scores for different treatments helps create heterogeneous data
- It controls for individual differences between participants, Participants are more able to follow the process of experimentation, eradicating ceiling effects